All current GAASC Board members in attendance for the 12/2/10 call
Bryan opened the meeting with discussion:
- Minutes of October 2010 were reviewed and approved.
2. Debrief from October Fall Summit held in Florence SC
a. Point presentations, photos and videos now available via web
3. Pre-Summit Seminar in October 2010 by CURISA Project Management Seminar – program a success
4. Return on Investment at GA State Conference
5. Name badges for recognition at events? Group decided yes, order ribbons
6. Financial Report 12/1/10 – Rich Hamilton (Treasurer)
a. Current GAASC balance = $4,142.19
b. Received this year = $4,620.00
c. Expenses for year = $4,502.14
d. Net income for year = $117.86
e. All summit expenses closed
7. Membership Report – Rich Hamilton (Treasurer)
a. Three new members since the Summit!
8. Members benefits flyer will be prepared for marketing and informational purposes and will be made available at SCARC
9. Website needs more! GAASC will add RSS feeds, update bios, pictures, condensed minutes, etc.
10. ESRI (Ed Yankowski) will allow us to continue to utilize the conference call line for our monthly board meetings. No charge.
11. NCGIS conference in February 2011 the week before the SC GIS conference
12. SCGIS conference.
a. GAASC will provide help with AV and use of presentation equipment
b. Moderators are needed.
13. GAASC Spring meeting for 2011. When and where? April in Columbia?
14. Tax Situation – Rich researched and discussed options. Group approved tax plan
15. Monthly call ok on the 3rd Thursday of each month? Group approved
16. Kevin discussed marketing our organization. The member benefit flyer will help.
17. Bryan discussed a GAASC or SC list serve
18. Bryan discussed future direction of next meeting
There being no further business the meeting was adjourned at 3:20 p.m.
Minutes respectfully submitted by Crystine M. Rathburn, GAASC Secretary